We follow the Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education in Surrey Schools.
The aims for Religious Education in Surrey are for pupils to:
· demonstrate an appreciation of the nature of religion and belief and the important contribution of religious and spiritual insights and values to the individual’s search for meaning in life, whilst acknowledging that this may also come from a non-religious perspective.
· develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity, and of the other principal religions and beliefs represented in Great Britain, both through their history and their contemporary diverse expressions.
· develop interest in and enthusiasm for the study of religion & beliefs and enhance their own spiritual, moral, social and cultural development .
· develop the ability to make reasoned, informed and creative responses to religious and moral issues.
· recognise the influence of beliefs, values and traditions on the individual, on culture and on communities throughout the world.